A family owned and operated estate winery, Long Cliff is dedicated to producing high quality vinifera wines from Riesling, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and Lemberger grapes.
Our grapes are grown on the family farm located within the Niagara Escarpment AVA. Production of these high-quality wines is made possible because of the unique climate and soil conditions of our Niagara Escarpment region.
When we first opened our doors on 11/11/11, we only had four wines to offer… Our list has grown since then, and will continue to in the years to come, but the commitment to producing only the finest in quality wines will remain unchanging. Born from a hobby, our passion is unwavering as we transition from a dream to reality.
OUR CURRENT WINE LIST:
- Sauvignon Blanc: True to the Grape! No Residual sugar, however the natural fruitiness delivers a false sense of sweetness! This dry white is a wine that carries a lot of flavor and provides a long finish, lingering on the palate long after the initial taste!
- Pinot Gris: Although this wine is “dry,” we finished it off with a lower acidity, giving it a more neutral taste… for this reason, many “Sweet” Drinkers who are just starting to work their way into the dry spectrum tend to surprise themselves with this one! It’s a good wine to “crossover” with!
- Riesling: Currently offering four varieties- both our 2010 and 2011 Vintage Dry Rieslings, and our 2010 and 2011 Semi Sweet Rieslings. While our “Dry” offers the citrusy aroma and crisp finish Riesling lovers are familiar with, our “Semi Sweet” provides the classic harmony of a honeydew aroma and fruity taste Riesling Lovers are so accustomed to.
- Sweet Pinot Gris: SPG is unique to Long Cliff. We are the only winery on the Niagara Wine Trail currently offering something of the sort. A Swetened twist to our 2011 Pinot Gris makes this wine the perfect treat to finish off a long day. Dry Wine Drinkers find this an appealing dessert wine while “sweet fans” love it for their everyday enjoyment!
- Lemberger: Finished softly in French Oak, Lemberger is a great wine for people just switching into reds. With its mellow finish, we expect our limited quantity to fly off the racks!
- Pinot Magic: Our Specialty PINOT MAGIC is 100% Pinot Noir Grape! While the taste is entirely what you expect from your typical dry red, the color will surprise you!
- 2011 Pinot Noir: This classic red speaks for itself… Our 2010 sold out within the first six months, and our 2011 is moving just as quickly!
- Blauer Himmel: Our House Wine, “Blue Heaven” is a red composed primarily of Blaufrankish grapes. First released in August of 2012, Blauer quickly became a favorite in our tasting room, and the bottles flew off the shelves. Between the “heavenly” taste, and the love we poured into the label design, this unique red carries the promise of being known as a Long Cliff trademake for years to come.