Harvest is Here!
We officially kicked off the 2020 Grape Harvest on August 22nd this year – the earliest we’ve ever harvested! (2020 has just been one for the history books all around!)
Leon Millot came off the vine at 20 brix!
(That’s how we measure sugar in grapes and wine. 21 Brix is ideal, but sometimes when you’re fighting the birds you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do!)
This first harvest of the 2020 Vintage will be used in our Beaujolais Nouveau-style “Leon (Millot) Nouveau” wine, which we release during our end of the season Nouveau Night Celebration on the third Thursday of November each year!
- Dinner catered by Chiavetta’s (& specifically chosen to pair with our Leon Nouveau): ½ chicken, sweet potato mash, baked beans & a slice of melt-in-your-mouth cornbread.
- Your very own 750 mL bottle of Leon Nouveau, with a brand new, commemorative label for 2020!
- “The Comeback Tour” Punch Card: ($30 value), entitles guest to “come back” for one free wine tasting per month for the next 6 months! valid December 2020-May 2021.
WINE TASTING: Harvest Pass
This September we invite you to re-discover the Wines of Niagara with the purchase of a
“Harvest Pass” valid at 6 local wineries!
For just $25/person, present your pass for 3 tastings of wine at each of the participating wineries: Black Willow Winery, Bella Rose Vineyard & Winery, Long Cliff Winery, Victorianbourg Wine Estate, Vizcarra Vineyards & The Winery at Marjim Manor!
Advance reservations are required at each winery (contact them individually to arrange), and the purchase of a food item may be required.
JUNIOR Vineyard Tours
We have had so much fun this summer following the youngest member of the Long Cliff Family around the vineyard, and watching his little eyes light up at all there is to see, smell and taste right here on the farm!
Whether you find yourself homeschooling, or home-from-school this Fall, we invite you to join us for a Grape to Glass JUNIOR Vineyard Tour, happening every Wednesday & Select Saturdays this September!
Explore the grounds, see our Machine Harvester up close, and learn how our Local Farmers pick, crush & press grapes into juice each year!
$12 / person includes your tour, (non-alcoholic) juice tasting, and a pretzel snack!
Our Little Free Book Club has resumed in-person meetings, and is gathering in the front lawn of the winery this Fall to allow from proper safety and social distancing precautions!
Meetings are always free, and participants enjoy 25% off their bottle purchases made that evening!
Pack a lawn chair and join us:
- September Meeting: 9/27 @ 6pm
- Finger Lakes Wine and the Legacy of Dr. Konstantin Frank, Written By: Tom Russ
- October Meeting: 10/25 @ 6pm
- Lilac Girls, Written By: Martha Hall Kelly
P.S. Have you visited our website lately? We have a fresh new look, with a tab right on top so you can always find our latest book selection and next meeting info! Bookmark the page!